NATIONAL BOARD OF EXAMINATIONS
Ref. NBE/2012/Thesis/Misc. Dated: April 11, 2012
Kind Attention: All NBE accredited Institutes/Medical Colleges/DNB trainees
Subject: Guidelines for Timely Submission of Thesis.
1. Thesis submission and its acceptance is a mandatory towards fulfillment of partial criteria for award of DNB degree certificate. It is essential for all DNB candidates to submit their thesis within the prescribed time limit.
2. DNB candidates are required to submit their thesis before the cut off date which shall be 30th June of same year for candidates appearing for their scheduled December final theory examination. Similarly candidates who shall be appearing in their scheduled June DNB final examination shall be required to submit their thesis by 31st of preceding December.
3. All concerned may note that in case the candidate fails to submit his/her thesis within the cut off date, the result of the theory examination of the candidate will not be declared and kept withheld. Further that the Provisional pass certificate of a candidate will not be issued under any circumstances if the thesis has not been accepted.
4. The above guidelines are applicable with immediate effect. Accordingly, the candidates appearing for DNB final examination in June 2013 shall be required to submit their thesis latest by 31st December 2012.
5. The concerned Heads of Accredited Hospitals/Institutes and DNB Program coordinators and Thesis Supervisors may ensure that the theses are submitted by the candidates within the prescribed cut off date. The compliance of the above guidelines shall be monitored by NBE and non compliance may have an adverse impact on the renewal of accreditation.