Mission, Vision, Values and Objective of NBEMS
Empower and enrich the global human resource in medical sciences by providing a robust, innovative, low-cost postgraduate teaching programme through optimization of current resources and building innovative partnerships with existing medical institutions.
Ensure the highest standards of healthcare and make India a hub of highly skilled and knowledgeable specialist doctors who can work across the urban-rural divide and provide the global community with best specialist care.
Respect for all stakeholders, be it the medical students, teachers or the partnering institutions, and practicing the highest standards of transparency, probity and accountability through a courteous and efficient consultative process.
Objectives of NBEMS:
- To improve the quality of medical education by elevating the level and standards of postgraduate examinations in modern medicine at the National level.
- To constitute a national resource for assuring quality in evaluation in professional competence in medical disciplines.
- To develop patterns of and to conduct post-graduate examinations ensuring a uniform standard which certifies ability of the candidate thus qualified to practice independently in the specialty.
- To conduct research in methodology of evaluation with a view to designing better methods to evaluate identified areas of professional knowledge, skills and attitudes, and to improve definition of standards of achievement for certification.
- To lay down guidelines and minimum requirements for institutions to be recognised for training of candidates in different specialties.
- To constitute an accreditation committee to evaluate the inspection reports and make appropriate recommendations to the Board.